Experience the benefits of becoming a host family in Plymouth and learn a new culture while sharing and representing your own, opening your heart and home to an international student.
George Language is a family-run organisation bringing groups of Spanish students to Plymouth for Summer English Language courses, school trips and school term.
Our main aim is to get all our students involved in the local environment and that’s why host families are of key importance for us!
Living in a British host family can provide one of the best ways of improving English and providing security for the students when they are away from home.
Our students range from the age of 11 and come throughout the whole year. Thus, we are constantly looking for host families in Plymouth, Plympton, Plymstock, Elburton, Brixton, Yealmpton and Ivybridge and surrounded areas.
For the last 10 years, George Language has created a great relationship between host families, teachers and their students and, what’s more, 95% of our students return to Plymouth after their first experience with us or recommend the course to their relatives and friends.
Host families should seek to welcome students into their home as another member of their family and supervise the student as one would their own child.
Thus, host families are required to provide:
– A clean, tidy bedroom with a comfortable bed and a wardrobe.
– Three meals per day (breakfast, packed lunches and evening meal).
– Transportation to & from a pick-up point always close to the host family home. (Children and teenager students will be picked up by a private minibus every day. We will always have a pick-up/ drop-off point close to your house.)
We will give you further information, which is given to all new host families and covers all the important areas to create a successful homestay.
Our job is to match the students with the right host family since we want the experience to be positive for them and for you. Needless to say, George Language will offer direct support to you throughout the students’ stay as we are based in Plymouth.
In return, each host family will also receive weekly/ monthly payments as well as a truly rewarding experience.
In fact, many of our host families keep in touch with the students who have stayed with them for years to come.
The current available dates are the following:
SHORT SCHOOL TRIP:
4 NIGHTS (from June 8th to June 12th):
1 student – £76
2 students – £130
3 students – £190
4 students – £250
From June 27th to July 21st:
1 student – £455
2 students – £675 (in general we only allocate 1 student per host family but sometimes they prefer to share accommodation with a relative/friend)
- Students attend language classes & activities weekdays from 8.30 am to 5.00pm (private minibus is provided)
- Students stay individually or with a friend (we don’t mind if there are more students in the house as long as they are NOT Spanish)
From September 1st, 2019 to July 23rd, 2020
- You could choose to host them for 1 term or for a full year.
- Students will attend class at your nearest public-School during weekdays.
- Students return to Spain for half terms (October, Christmas and Easter).
If you are interested in giving a warm welcome to an overseas student and would like to become a host family provider or would like further information, please contact us (email@example.com, 01752 882200) or complete the inquiry form below: